In this post I gave you the results of a diet I've been on for 3-4 months and in this post I listed what is actually involved in this diet.
Now I'm going to go over what it is that I actually eat every day to give you a decent example of the types of foods that fit into this diet.
Workout days:
Breakfast
-Apple
-2 egg omelette(with yolk) with with cheddar cheese, mushrooms, carrot shavings, and chopped green or red peppers.
-One Tablespoon on Natural Peanut Butter
Morning snack
-Can of Tuna mixed with Olive Oil and pepper
-Asparagus
-Chunk of cheddar cheese
-Whole hard boiled egg (with yolk)
-3 tablespoons of almonds
Lunch
-Pork chop
-Carrots
-Broccoli
-Pepperoni slices
-3 tablespoons of almonds
Before and durning workout drink
-18 ounces of Gatorade
-20 grams of a protein powder (low carb powder)
-drink half of it 10 minutes before workout, drink the rest equally throughout the workout
Post workout drink
-18 ounces of Gatorade
-20 grams of protein powder (low carb powder)
Dinner
-1 Cup of cooked brown rice
-1 Grilled chicken breast (mixed in with the rice)
-4 cups of broccoli
-2/3rd's cups of carrots
-Olive oil splash over the rice/chicken and the vegetables
-Pear
Before bed snack
-1/2 cup of cottage cheese
-1 tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter
Non-workout days:
Breakfast
-Apple
-2 egg omelette(with yolk) with with cheddar cheese, mushrooms, carrot shavings, and chopped green or red peppers.
-One Tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter
Morning snack
-Can of Tuna mixed with Olive Oil and pepper
-Asparagus
-Chunk of cheddar cheese
-Whole hard boiled egg (with yolk)
Lunch
-Pork chop
-Carrots
-Broccoli
-Pepperoni slices
-3 tablespoons of almonds
Afternoon snack
-3 tablespoons of almonds
-Pepperoni chunks
-sliced cucumbers
Dinner
-1 Cup of cooked brown rice
-4 oz. piece of broiled salmon (mixed in with the rice)
-4 cups of broccoli
-2/3rd cups of carrots
-Olive oil splash over the rice/salmon and the vegetables
-pear
Before bed snack
-1/2 cup of cottage cheese
-1 tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter
I'm sure you're wondering a little bit about the protein powder. Here is an example of one that would satisfy the requirements of each scoop. It contains 20 grams of protein and only 4 grams of carbs and 2 grams of fat. That's basically the type of ratio of each serving that you want to see in a protein powder that you use before, during, and after your workout. NOTE: I've never tried this specific protein powder before so I can't verify the taste. But, since you're mixing it with Gatorade, you probably won't even notice it's there. That being said, I'd recommend sticking with the vanilla flavored protein powder as I'm not sure the chocolate flavor would go that well with orange or grape Gatorade...
On the whole eggs, if you have high cholesterol and it's due to genetics (in other words, you've tried treating it with diet and exercise in the past and it hasn't come down), I would advise that you speak with your doctor first before consuming on average 3 of them a day.
Also, make sure you're getting in water throughout the day, including when working out. My recommendation is to go out and buy a 1 liter bottle of water and drink 3 liters on a daily basis. If you're not use to drinking that much water though, work your way up to it.
Now, this may seem like a lot of food and it might be for you. The beauty of this diet is that Adam Campbell calls it "self-regulating," meaning that once you're full (which won't take to long), just stop eating.
So you may find that you can't eat everything that I've listed and that's okay.
Just make sure that you are limiting your carbs outside of fruits (which it's okay to get 2 fruits a day) to no more than 2 servings a day. If you like eating oatmeal, that's fine. Just realize that after that, you only get one other whole grain/legume serving for the day.
Next week I'm going to do a summary of all of this and also give you the theory on why this type of diet works so well, especially if you strength train.
Until then, write out your grocery list and get to the store!
If you've got any questions, especially about whether certain foods are alright to eat on this diet, please don't hesitate to e-mail me at mike@leanbodyfitness.com
www.leanbodyfitness.com
Friday, April 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment