Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Went to a Buffet and a Baseball Game Broke Out

Opening day to baseball season is about a week a half away and I can't wait. I'm really hoping for a great season from my Tigers.

I found this article a bit shocking in some ways.

I mean sure, you go to a ballgame, have a hot dog (although they aren't nearly as good as they were back in the day when I was a kid eating them at Tiger Stadium) and maybe some peanuts or another snack. But look at what was stated as the AVERAGE amount of food that someone is eating at these all-you-can-eat seating sections:

Ron Ranieri, general manager of concessionaire Aramark at Atlanta's Turner Field, calculates that a typical all-you-can-eat customer downed: 3.35 hot dogs; one 20-ounce soda; one 7.9-ounce bag of peanuts; one 3-ounce order of nachos and 32 ounces of popcorn.


I don't know about anyone else but I get that sick feeling in my stomach just reading that.

I guess I can see the point that it's a way for people to get all the food they can have for a cheaper rate than finding a way to get into one of the suites and have the same ability.

But with the amount listed above being the AVERAGE amount (meaning that half the people are actually eating MORE than what they listed) it's just flat out unhealthy.

And besides, if you're spending that much time eating, when do you ever get the chance to sit down and actually watch the game?

Have fun at the ballpark this summer. Have a hot dog, maybe some cotton candy, and if you can afford a beer, even have one of those. But, still remember, don't go overboard.

www.leanbodyfitness.com

No comments: