I’ve talked in the past about low carb diets and specifically the process of ketosis and I’ve talked about my past experiences (and I still follow it today) about intermittent fasting.
The recent trend in health and fitness is that you must eat 5-6 times a day or your body will fall into “starvation mode”, and really that concept is a bit overblown.
But I came across just a very bizarre story about an 83-year-old Indian yogi that claims he has survived without any food or liquid for over 70 years.
A team of military doctors are going to be observing him for 24 hours in a sealed off area of a hospital for a couple of weeks and also conduct medical tests throughout.
"This may help in working out strategies for survival during natural calamities, extreme stressful conditions and extra-terrestrial explorations like future missions to the Moon and Mars by the human race," Ilavazahagan said.
They’re going to be testing brain and heart activity, his electrodes, as well as blood tests which I’m assuming will contain glucose and cholesterol information.
The yogi states that he gets the energy that he needs for his body from meditating and
Jani, who dresses in red and wears a nose ring, grew up in Charod village in the Mehsana district in Gujarat and claims to have been blessed by a goddess aged eight, which has enabled him to survive without sustenance.
It really truly is something that is hard to believe and I guess that with this observation doctors will be able to tell whether this is real or something fraudulent.
At the same time, though, even though I watch what I eat and eat fairly healthy 90% of the time, would I really want to live a life without food? To never be able to enjoy the tastes of the various foods that are out there? I think I would be missing out on a lot.
What about you? If you could live a normal healthy life but it would be a life without food, would you want to live like that?
www.leanbodytraining.com

No comments:
Post a Comment