Friday, June 22, 2007

No! I'm Not Dead!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Gone last week and this week has just been nuts trying to settle back in.

A little story though from my trip.

I was down in New Orleans for a conference (non-fitness related) and a couple of the days I decide to do a workout in the hotel fitness center.

I walked into the area and there was a young guy in there, maybe late teens or 20s. He was doing your typical bodybuilder workout, isolation exercises (bicep curls, tricep stuff, movement like that, that never work). He was also doing some weighted crunches on a swiss ball. That impressed me because that's a decent exercise. Except I learned a new way to do them from him that must be more effective than anything I've ever seen before:

You lift the bottom of your shirt up and look at your abs in the mirror while doing the exercise. That's an amazing new modification to that exercise that I'm SURE results in better body composition (please, I hope you see I'm being sarcastic).

After that I didn't much pay attention. I did my bodyweight warm up and then I started doing some dumbbell power cleans. I did notice the kid taking a glance at me in the mirror (that's bad form to take your eyes off your abs while doing those swiss ball crunches...) and he looked pretty confused as to what I was doing.

But, here's the most entertaining part of the kid's workout. After he was done, he walked out of the fitness center and onto a patio where the pool was. He sat down at a table....and immediately.....lit up a cigarette.......

I don't think I could makeup an ending like that to that story even if I wanted to.....

www.leanbodyfitness.com

No comments: