Thursday, February 5, 2009

Why You Should Hate Intervals

I get questions a lot asking how fast should you begin running, cycling, etc., on the high part of an interval.

Just to recap on what intervals are and why they are so important for fat loss, here was Part I, Part II, and Part III of a series I did a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

The simple answer is this: as hard as you can. Pretend someone is chasing you...with a knife....up the stairs...you fall and get back up....then you turn around and ask "What do you want??!!" Oh, sorry, that was just the theme to about 1,532 horror movies out there...

But seriously, it's about running for your life.

When I talk to people that have done these kind of workouts after I explain them, I ask how they liked it and the normal answer I get is "I like them." Unfortunately, that's the wrong answer. You should not like intervals. Remember this statement: If you don't hate intervals, then you're not doing them right. You need to hate them. You need to look at that treadmill before you get on it and the hair should stand up on your arm.

But realize, THEY WORK. You will hate them, but you will love the results you get by hating them.

www.leanbodyfitness.com

No comments: