So I was out of town last week at a conference (non-fitness related) and talked some people into having me put them through a quick morning workout one day.
So we all met in the lobby at 7:30 am and headed out. I did the workout the day before as a trial run and the difference was that I did it at 5:00 pm when it was sweltering out and they were doing it when it was less than sweltering out (although it wasn't cool out to say the least).
Here's what we did:
1. Started out with a walk for a hundred yards or so and then we started up a nice jog for another 100 yards or so.
2. Then I had them run in a single file line and then we did Indian Runs. Indian runs are where I'll call out the name of the person last in line and they have to sprint to the head of the line. They run for a little longer and then I call the name of the new person at the end of the line and they sprint to the front.
3. Then when we got to this grassy area, I had them do these exercises for 30 seconds each in a row with no rest between exercises:
A) Bear Crawls
B) Bodyweight Squats
C) X-Body Mountain Climbers
Then they rested for 30 seconds and I then had them do this one more time.
4. I had them rest for 1 minute and then we did these three exercises for 30 seconds each in a row with no rest between exercises:
A) Walking Lunges
B) Pushups
C) Tripod hold (15 seconds with each arm)
They rested another 30 second after the last exercise then we repeated that sequence one more time.
5. Then I had them a Tabata protocol using Burpees. What this means is that they would do 20 seconds of Burpees, and then take 10 seconds of rest. They would continue doing this for 4 minutes.
Then we walked back to the hotel that we were staying in. That's it. A quick 20 minute workout. Seem simple?
You'd think, but, between number 4 and number 5 above, one person had to step aside,,,,to vomit. I felt so proud I almost shed a tear....
And the next day one person came up to me and said "I'm not liking you very much right now..."
I know I keep saying this over and over again but, it's just another example of the importance of making a workout INTENSE and not LONG to get results and an effective workout in.
www.leanbodyfitness.com
Facebook
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment