Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rethinking Walking for Fat Loss

Over the last couple of weekends, I've been including some very long walks in order to get myself prepared for the 60 miles of walking over the 3-day Breast Cancer walk that I'll be doing in a little over a month.

I've talked in the past about the best ways for fat loss are with a combination of strength training and intervals. But what I noticed is that after my walks, I finding that they can be a good addition to your fat loss program. But, let me stress that again: IN ADDITION to my strength and interval routines. I'm not making it my only form of exercise.

How well would it work if it was less than 10 miles? I'm not sure. I'm not even sure if I would experiment with it after I've finished the walk. If you've got a good pair of walking/running shoes, try it out on one of your off days and see how it goes. Should take you between 3-4 hours to complete.

Oh, and Scarlett the Doberman is going on these walks with me and well, let's just say she's pretty much done for the day afterwards.



www.leanbodyfitness.com
Facebook

No comments: