Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Intermittent Fasting Update

Back about a month and a half ago, I wrote a review here of a book called Eat Stop Eat that I read and an eating regiment that I followed for 4 weeks that involved fasting for 24 hours, twice a week. During that four weeks, I lost 8.5 pounds.

I took a week off from the fasting after that the last week that I fasted and ended up losing another half a pound.

A week after that, I went back to fasting twice a week for another 4 weeks. I ended up dropping another 5 pounds.

Then I stopped fasting for two weeks and during that time, I dropped another 2 pounds.

So in 11 weeks, I dropped 16 pounds. Not bad.

I also went and had my bloodwork done after the first 9 weeks to see how that looked.

The last time that I had my bloodwork check I blogged about it here.

This time around here were my results:

Total Cholesterol: 130

HDL Cholesterol (the good stuff): 59

LDL Cholesterol (the bad stuff): 65

Triglycerides: 45

Blood Glucose: 89

Blood Pressure: 108/68

Resting Pulse: 80

Everything within normal range.

So after 9 weeks of fasting, no harmful results on the issue of bloodwork.

It was a great ride trying the intermittent fasting out and I highly recommend it as a way to lose weight safely, and quickly.

I highly recommend that you buy the book here, and after you buy it, the offer is still on the table that if you e-mail me your e-receipt, I'll send you a FREE copy of my diary of what I ate and what my workouts were for the original four weeks that I followed this.

Give it a try. You won't be sorry.

www.leanbodyfitness.com
Facebook

No comments: