Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Put Down That Baby Food

Just when we thought the child obesity epidemic couldn't get more bizarre, I found this article that talks about how some baby food sold in Britan have more saturated fat and sugar than junk like cookies and cheeseburgers that we're feeding out older kids.

Publishing results of a survey of more than 100 foods for babies and toddlers, the Children's Food Campaign said Farley's rusks were 29 percent sugar and some Cow & Gate toddler biscuits contained trans fats, which have been linked to heart disease.


I had to look up Farley's rusks and I'm not even sure they're available in the US. They look like animal crackers to me.



Anyway, as the article points out, be careful when buying baby food or snacks and be suspect even if it says it's "healthy." It's unfortunate that the definition of that word is up for debate nowadays.

www.leanbodyfitness.com
Facebook

No comments: